Want to know what we can do for you?
A properly designed and maintained irrigation system should use only enough water to feed the plants and trees in each particular zone. A poorly maintained irrigation system can send the water that never reaches its intended source to be lost to runoff and evaporate. This can result in wasted water and money for the home or business owner. Checking the irrigation system should be routine and done at least twice per season. Our basic steps for irrigation maintenance will include:
- An inspection of the controller to make sure it’s plugged in and functioning.
- Update the time and date on the controller.
- Check all wire connections to make certain that rain, wind and soil moisture sensors are connected.
- Replace the backup battery if needed.
- Change the schedule to reflect the current season.
- Turn on each zone to check for system damage.
Green & Black is here to serve all of your lawn and landscaping needs, from fertilizer applications to mulch applications, additional plantings to complete landscape design.